Read all of this leaflet carefully before you start taking this medicine because it contains important information for you.
· Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
· If you have any further questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
· This medicine has been prescribed for you only. Do not pass it on to others. It may harm them, even if their signs of illness are the same as yours.
· If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. See section 4
What is in this leaflet:
1. What Sertralin Actavis is and what it is used for
2. What you need to know before you take Sertralin Actavis
3. How to take Sertralin Actavis
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Sertralin Actavis
6. Contents of the pack and other information
1. What sertralin actavis is and what it is used for
Sertralin Actavis contains the active ingredient sertraline. Sertraline is one of a group of medicines called Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors (SSRIs); these medicines are used to treat depression and or anxiety disorders.
Sertralin Actavis can be used to treat:
- Depression and prevention of recurrence of depression (in adults).
- Social anxiety disorder (in adults).
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) (in adults).
- Panic disorder (in adults).
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) (in adults and children and adolescents aged 6-17 years old).
Depression is a clinical illness with symptoms like feeling sad, unable to sleep properly or to enjoy life as you used to.
OCD and panic disorders are illness linked to anxiety with symptoms like being constantly troubled by persistent ideas (obsessions) that make you carry out repetitive rituals (compulsions).
PTSD is a condition that can occur after a very emotionally traumatic experience, and has some symptoms that are similar to depression and anxiety. Social anxiety disorder (social phobia) is an illness linked to anxiety. It is characterised by feelings of intense anxiety or distress in social situations (for example: talking to strangers, speaking in front of groups of people, eating or drinking in front of others or worrying that you might behave in an embarrassing manner).
Your doctor has decided that this medicine is suitable for treating your illness.
You should ask your doctor if you are unsure why you have been given Sertralin Actavis.
SERTRALIN ACTAVIS TBL 50MG N28
- Product Code: Sertralin TBL
- Availability: In Stock