Cerebrolysin® is recommended in cases of organic brain dysfunction, metabolic and neurodegenerative especially senile dementia of the Alzheimer type.
In cases of post-stroke complications Cerebrolysin® will speed up the recovery period.
Head trauma, post-operative cerebral contusion or concussion require Cerebrolysin®.
Cerebrolysin® active compound: Hydrolyzed protein of porcine brain.
1 (one) ml solution for injection / infusion containing hydrolysed protein from porcine brain in the form of concentrated solution, 215.2 mg and excipients: sodium hydroxide, water for injections.
- Hypersensitivity to the hydrolyzate of porcine brain protein or any of the excipients.
- Severe renal impairment.
In rare cases, Cerebrolysin® treatment effects were associated with:
- Agitation (aggression, confusion, insomnia)
- Hyperventilation, hypertonia, hypotonia, fatigue, tremor, depression, apathy, dizziness and flu symptoms (eg colds, cough, upper respiratory tract infections).
During treatment with Cerebrolysin® reported one case of attack type "grand mal" seizures and
- Gastrointestinal disorders such as loss of appetite, dyspepsia, diarrhea, constipation, vomiting and nausea
- If too rapid injection may be a sensation of warmth or sweating, dizziness and, in isolated cases, palpitations or arrhythmias
- Local reactions at the injection site, such as irritation, itching or burning sensation
- In rare cases have been observed hypersensitivity or allergic reactions such as skin reactions, local reactions vascular headache, neck pain, pain in limb, fever, back pain, chills and shock.
Cerebrolysin® is used in the elderly because the side effects mentioned above are typical for this population and can be observed in the absence of drug use.
May be given single doses up to 50 ml / BW (10,760 mg of Cerebrolysin®) but cures treatment is preferable.
A cure best treatment involves administering Cerebrolysin® daily for 10-20 days.
Recommended Cerebrolysin® daily dose:
- Organic brain dysfunction, metabolic and neurodegenerative (dementia) is recommended daily dose of 5-30 ml / BW (1076-6456 mg of hydrolyzed porcine brain protein).
- Complications post - stroke: the recommended daily dose is 10-50 ml / BW (2152-10760 mg of Cerebrolysin®).
- Head trauma, post-operative cerebral contusion or concussion:
- Children: The recommended daily dose is 1-2 ml / BW (215.2 to 430.4 mg of Cerebrolysin®).
Cerebrolysin® efficacy can be increased by repeating cures, until no longer see improvements in your health.
The following standard Cerebrolysin® infusion solutions were tested for 24 hours at room temperature in the presence of light and were declared compatible:
- Ringer solution (Na 153.98 mmol / l, Ca 2.74 mmol / l, K> 4.02 mmol / l, Cl 163.48 mmol / l)
- Glucose 5%
Vitamins and cardiovascular drugs can be administered concomitantly with Cerebrolysin®, but should not be mixed in the syringe.
Cerebrolysin® is not addictive and doesn't requires special precautions.
Animal studies have shown reproductive toxicity. However, no studies have been performed in humans.
Please avoid to buy Cerebrolysin® from unreliable sellers or manufacturers because it is a very sensitive product and an expired lot could lead to more damage than actual support.
The original brand name Cerebrolysin® is Made in Austria.
Cerebrolysin® box of 5 brown glass vials with breaking point 10 ml solution for injection / infusion.
Cerebrolysin injection 5 ml x 5 vials 1076mg
- Product Code: Cerebrolysin
- Availability: In Stock